Being of two ethnicities is sometimes one of the most difficult things to deal with …
- We never have one definitive place that we can call home
- Neither ethnicity fully accepts us because we aren’t pure
- There is always a constant balancing act with either side of the family
- It is very rare that we are able to embrace both cultures at the same time without having to deal with the pain that you are leaving a part of yourself out
- You have to speak English at home because one parent will always feel left out if you are speaking the native language
I could go on and on. I honestly love being multicultural but sometimes it’s really hard.